I want to share this recently uploaded video from Toronto Paramedic Services. Considering my last couple weeks it feels quite timely.
Wouldn’t it be great if the PAC made a national video like this? We know this is not a region specific issue.
Now from my personal files, more examples of Making the Wrong Call…
- Arthritic pain…for the last 10 years
- Need to get away from wife
- Gas pains
- Started antibiotics and don’t feel better immediately (Thanks a lot culture of instant-gratification.)
- Calling repeatedly despite nothing being wrong because you think it will get you placed in a nursing home faster (?)
- Incarcertitis (Now you are wasting police AND EMS resources. Slow clap.)
- Too obese to get out of your basement (Pleeease stop going in the basement.)
- You’ve been having trouble walking (because your knee replacement surgery is next week)
- YOU HAVE A COLD
- You don’t really want to go to the hospital
- You need a ride across town
- You haven’t harassed good looking people in uniform lately
Have a heroic day everyone 😉